Whole Horse Training
Whole Horse Training and Assessments
Katie promotes a Whole Horse Training Technique which means looking at the horse, their care/management and training as a whole to promote wellbeing and help you reach your riding ambitions, whatever they may be.
West Barn Equine assessments and training include:
- Trot-up and/or ridden assessment
- Performance assessment / discussing rider's ambitions
- Checking saddle balance and saddle pads
- Checking the comfort and mobility of the horse
- Nutritional assessment and advice, if required
- Alternative therapy advice, if required.
- Body condition assessment - body weight and muscle condition - addressing issues like atrophy (muscle wastage)
- Hoof care
- Classical training for horses and riders
- In-hand training
- Lunge training
- Understanding horses behaviours
Katie travel around the Midlands, and countywide, carrying out assessments and training sessions. The intial assessment usually takes around 2-2.5 hours, please see pricing.
Please feel free to take a look at the Client Testimonial page to see what they have to say, as the proof really is in the pudding.
If you are interested in an assessment or training session please get in touch!